There are a few documentations that is needed for import and export customs. Three of the documents are the main one which is needed at all times and another two is a supporting documents which might be needed sometimes. Bali Intercont Cargo will compile and prepare all of these documents as part of our service to you.
These are the documents that is needed for customs purposes:
- Invoice and Packing list: This is needed so that the customs department is informed in regards of your shipment
- Airway Bill (AWB) – AWB is needed for air freight only. AWB has to be present at all times and it will be provided by the operator of the airline or the official cargo agent. This document will help the communication between airports.
- Bill of Lading (BL) – BL is needed for sea freight. This document is given by the operator of the ship which consists details of the shipment and it also provides the title of the shipment to parties that requires this information. BL is one of the three important documents needed in international trading to ensure that the exporter receive the payment and the importer receives the shipment.
- Certificate of Origin (COO) – COO can be used to reduced the amount of import tax on your destination and it is provided by the department of commerce on the country of origin. This is based on the bilateral agreement between the two countries where to goods is shipped from and to or if the countries is in a certain zones or treaty.
- Fumigation Certificate – Fumigation is a process that will remove pesticides from the goods and the packing materials. This applies mostly to wood materials. Once the goods is fumigated, the fumigator will provide a certificate to be shown to the customs in order to ensure the smoothness of the shipping process.
- ISPM Certificate (International Standard Photosanitary Measurements) – It is a stamp given to acknowledge that the wood packaging had been treated according to the IPSM standards.